health Sep 29, 2021Nootropics 101
Jan 27, 2022
10 Ways to Keep Your Brain Healthy
Every brain changes with age, and cognitive function changes along with it. Here are 10 ways to maintain your brain health:
- Care for Your Mental Health: Take time each day to practice self-care.
- Practice Breath Work: Different breathing patterns activate our brain networks related to mood, attention, and body awareness.
- Establish Healthy Habits: Once a good habit is established, you no longer need to rely on motivation.
- Stay Mentally Active: Your brain can get a workout through reading or challenging yourself with puzzles.
- Supercharge Your Diet: Omega fatty acids are vital for your cells to function correctly, increasing focus and slowing cognitive decline in older adults.
- Form Connections: Social interaction helps combat depression and stress, both of which can contribute to memory loss.
- Keep Learning: Practicing a new and challenging activity helps to build and maintain cognitive skills.
- Let Yourself Rest: Uninterrupted sleep gives your brain the time to consolidate and improve your memories effectively.
- Stay Hydrated: Mild dehydration (fluid loss of 1–3%) can impair energy levels and mood, and lead to major reductions in memory and brain performance.
- Exercise Regularly: Multiple research studies show that people who are physically active are less likely to experience a decline in their mental function.